Corporate leaders representing companies of all sizes can show their support for constitutional equality and call on the Virginia Assembly to do the same.
HOW TO DO IT
- Request a supportive corporation to send a letter. Recommended recipients listed below.
- Download sample letter below, designed for corporate letterhead.
- Approach the corporation as a nonpartisan organization or private individual. Suggestions for nonpartisan organizations: American Association of University Women (AAUW), Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., League of Women Voters (LWV), and National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Identify likely allies within the organization and ask to meet with them. Share your request and ask for their support.
- Let us know when it’s done! We’d love to share your success with other advocates, and build a comprehensive list of support around the state. If a company wants to be listed on our website as having sent a note (with or without a copy of the letter sent), please drop us a line at VAratifyERA@gmail.com
WHAT YOU NEED
- Sample corporate letter
- The Honorable Eileen Filler-Corn, Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates
- The Honorable Charniele Herring, Majority Leader of the Virginia House of Delegates
- The Honorable Todd Gilbert, Minority Leader of the Virginia House of Delegates
- The Honorable Dick Saslaw, Majority Leader of the Virginia Senate
- The Honorable Tommy Norment, Minority Leader of the Virginia Senate
- Local Delegate(s) and Senator(s) based on corporate location