Please help us amplify our message on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
HOW TO DO IT
- Choose a campaign graphic and post with a message of your own (or select from sample messaging)
- Help build the buzz by cross tagging VAratifyERA
- On Twitter: VAratifyERA (@VAratifyERA)
- On Instagram: VAratifyERA (@VAratifyERA)
- On Facebook: VA ratify ERA (www.facebook.com/VAratifyERA)
- America in comparison to the world
- The U.S. Constitution is the only major, written constitution in the WORLD that does not explicitly guarantee gender equality.
- 84% of worldwide constitutions explicitly guarantee gender equality and so should ours!
- Nationwide perspective
- Virginia’s ratification will impact the entire country; the 38th state to ratify satisfies the 3/4 of the states requirement of Article V of the Constitution.
- 94% of Americans agree that the Constitution should guarantee equal rights regardless of gender.
- 80% of Americans believe the Constitution already does guarantees equal rights regardless of gender. IT DOES NOT!
- Virginia perspective
- Virginia added the Bill of Rights to our Constitution and can be the state to add gender equality, by ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment!
- No matter who was asked (rural / urban, male / female, Republican / Democrat), Virginians strongly support (81%) Virginia’s ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- What would the Equal Rights Amendment do
- The Equal Rights Amendment will create a permanent, uniform, and national standard for eliminating sex discrimination by government at all levels.
- The Equal Rights Amendment will ensure gender discrimination receives the same level of judicial review as discrimination based on race, religion, and country of origin.
- Click on the image you’d like to use.
- Right click on the image and select “save as” to download a copy to use in your social media posts.
- Remember to crosstag @VAratifyERA and use hashtags like #VAratifyERA.