Have an upcoming ERA related event that you’d like to add to the calendar? Please add your event here!
- This event has passed.
New Era for the Equal Rights Amendment – Legal Convention
October 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Event will be held at the University of Richmond Law School on October 26, 2019. Registration begins at 8:00AM and the program starts at 9:00AM. More details will be posted soon.
Tickets for the event can be purchased at the door. Tickets are $10 for students, $20 for new lawyers (fewer than 5 years of practice), or $65 for community members.
Toby Heytens: Virginia Solicitor General
- Kate Kelly: Human Rights Attorney, Equality Now
- U. S. Representative Abigail Spanberger (VA-7)
Moderated by: Brittany Record: Associate, Jones Day
Interpreting the ERA in the 21st Century:
- Julie Suk: Dean for Master’s Programs, CUNY
- Reva Siegel: Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Professor, Yale Law School
- Nicole Tortoriello: Secular Society Women’s Rights Advocacy Counsel, ACLU
Moderated by: Jill Dash: Vice President for Strategic Engagement, American Constitution Society
Hosted by Virginia General Assembly Members Including:
- Senator Jennifer McClellan (VA-9)
- Delegate Jennifer Carroll Foy (VA-2)
- Delegate Jay Jones (VA-89)
- Delegate Eileen Filler-Corn (VA-41)
Equality Today and Tomorrow:
Ellie Smeal: Co-Founder & President, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Carol Jenkins: President, ERA Coalition
- Andrea Miller: Co-Executive Director, People Demanding Action
- Emilia Couture: Student, Generation Ratify
Moderated by: Michelle Kallen: Virginia Deputy Solicitor General
- Senator Pat Spearman (NV-1)
- Representative Steven Andersson (IL-65)
Moderated by: Mark Herring, Virginia Attorney General
A Step Towards Equal Pay:
- Andrea Johnson: Senior Counsel for State Policy, National Women’s Law Center
- Jeff Lowe: Managing Partner, Major, Lindsey & Africa
- Anne Weisberg: Women’s Initiative Coordinator, Paul | Weiss
Moderated by: Courtney Toomath-West: Attorney, West PC
The Paths Forward:
- Danaya Wright: Law Professor, University of Florida School of Law
- Linda Coberly: Partner, Winston & Strawn
- Jean Sweeney: Founder & CEO, Rethinking Eve
Moderated by: Trish Wallace: Legal Analyst, VARatifyERA
Inclusion on this calendar is not an endorsement by VAratifyERA.