Have an upcoming ERA related event that you’d like to add to the calendar? Please add your event here!
- This event has passed.
Equal Rights Amendment: Law and Policy
February 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Please join us for a panel discussion of legal and business aspects of the Equal Rights Amendment, featuring attorneys from VAratifyERA, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, and the Solicitor General’s Office.
Light refreshments will be provided. Tickets are free of charge.
Registration and Networking Reception: 5:30-6:00 pm
Program: 6:00-7:00 pm
The United States Equal Rights Amendment is subject to a statewide movement for ratification, with five resolutions introduced in the General Assembly in the 2018-2019 session. Matters of interest to companies and counsel include state and Congressional authority, implications in law and the workforce, and broader societal impacts. Lawyers representing corporate, nonprofit and governmental entities may want to evaluate the landscape for informed and seamless future planning.
Moderator: Julia Tanner, President, Virginia Equal Rights Coalition; Chair, ERA Committee, LWV-Arlington
- Trevor S. Cox, Counsel, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, former Acting Solicitor General
- Maya Eckstein, Partner, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Michelle Kallen, Deputy Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General of Virginia
- Patricia Wallace, Attorney at Law, Richmond, Virginia
Panel will address issues including:
- In the modern era, in light of statutory and state constitutional provisions, what would be the likely consequences of ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment?
- In light of Virginia’s existing state constitutional equal rights guarantee, what may change?
- What are likely implications of the Amendment for the Virginia business environment?
- Would the Amendment bring additional legal implications?
In order to receive your free ticket(s), please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/equal-rights-amendment-law-and-policy-tickets-55424635577
VAratifyERA, Virginia Equal Rights Coalition, the National Woman’s Party, and Women Lawyers on Guard are sponsoring this program.
Questions? For more information, contact Gayle Alexander, galexander@HuntonAK.com / 804-788-8447.
* Business casual attire, light refreshments to be served
Inclusion on this calendar is not an endorsement by VAratifyERA.